21 February 2006

green beans and weight loss

[green beans]
My poor child gets so excited when we eat in front of him. He acts like he needs to eat what we're eating. Last night we were having cake and ice cream and Scott was sitting next to me with his mouth wide open and rocking back in forth making noises. He wanted food. Just this weekend, I bought him some baby food (even though I hope to make my own and save a few pennies). Just to see his reaction, I opened some green beans and put a taste in his mouth. I totally thought he'd spit it out but he didn't. Instead, Scott gave me a curious look and then opened his mouth wide again. Ryan finished feeding him so I could eat my cake. And the kid ate almost the entire thing. AND, he'd just been breast fed. He's a healthy looking kid :) Last night was his first experience with real food (more than that crap they call rice cereal).

[working out]
As I've mentioned before, I've been working out several days a week. Here's the update. Michelle, personal trainer buddy, has us doing strength training 3 days a week and running/walking 3 days a week. I've been on this schedule for about a month now. I don't get the running in very often since I'm too lazy/tired to get up early and too busy at night. But I did run once last week for 20 minutes and my hips hurt so bad afterwards. The point is... you have to take pictures. Michelle hasn't lost weight but she takes pictures once a month and can see the difference. I've only been doing this for a month and I can see the difference. I haven't taken pictures yet but I do have to see myself in the mirror when I pump several days a week. And my post-prego belly is shrinking. It doesn't hang over my low cut jeans anymore. Now, it still isn't stick-thin little me but I'm so encouraged to see the progress. My legs, especially my calves are looking toned again. Oh, its so good to work out. So, for those of you who are trying to be healthier, keep your head up. I'm working out and breastfeeding a kid and eating like a horse (seriously) and I'm still toning up a little. A huge part of being healthier is portion size but another big part is exercise. And with the mild weather this week, even those of us in the midwest can get out and walk!

2 comments:

jerelyn said...

Fun post Tammy! Glad to hear your little guy likes the green beans...I don't blame him, those things are DA BOMB!

And thanks for the encouragement on the weight loss. Pictures are good, and measuring different parts of you are good too--arms, thighs, stomach, abdomen...you see it falling off little by little and it's super exciting! :-)

Carrie said...

Way too go!! Keep it up and keep me inspired...this week I have no inspiration.