08 February 2006

Mi Vida Loca!

Last night was another entertaining night at the Buitenwerf Home. I got home late, as usual after leaving my office late, stopping to pick up Scott, feeding him before we could leave, figuring out how to use his “big boy” car seat, going back in the house for a pacifier, leaving, turning around to pick up my book that I left on my car and had fallen on the ground and finally getting home. Arriving at home, I carried in my son all covered up (I’m used to carrying in the infant car seat with a blanket over it not a wiggly kid). Went back outside to get the rest of my stuff out of the car, feed my dogs and water the goat in the dark. Came back in and put my “stuff” away. All of this in less than 2 hours. Ryan was sick and stayed home so I offered to make supper so he could rest. I handed off the kid, requested a diaper change and headed for the kitchen. It was an easy meal – chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks and hash browns al in the deep fat fryer (how’s that for healthy?).

[Stinky boy]
Was back in the living room a short while later holding my adorable son while trying to eat off a plate that was kept out of Scott’s reach. My kid was stinky but what’s new, he likes to toot, a lot! I even questioned if Ryan had changed his diaper. He had. A minute later, the smell still lingered. Scott was falling asleep in my arms (he desperately needed a nap) and I decided to wait a few minutes before I disturbed him. He fell asleep and I left the stinky boy alone. A while later when he awoke, I checked the diaper. It was dirty. I pawned him off on Ryan to change again. But before I handed him off, I checked to see if it was a simple diaper change or if we needed a shower.

[To the shower we go]
We tag teamed Scott for the shower. After undressing him and trying to keep the mess from smearing, the shower was warm and I pulled the diaper off and tried to wipe some poop off. It didn’t wipe well and was quite thick. So, we put him in the shower and Ryan is trying to spray his butt off. Only nothing is coming off. So, I wiped to help move the poop. It still didn’t come clean. I was rubbing and it was sticking in place. Finally I had to scrape, yes scrape, the poop off his little butt. It was seriously the consistency, texture and thickness of clay. It was all under my nails and in the shower. Then I had to carefully clean it out of his crack. Of course I didn’t want to stain his cute white wash cloth so I opted to scrub with my hands. It was bad, really yucky. Meanwhile, my child is entertained with the shower head and pulling on the hose like the little Tarzan he thinks he is. Finally the poop was off and I finished bathing him while Ryan got his clothes and diaper ready. It was definitely a memorable experience. Thanks to rice cereal, I think it will be a common occurrence in our house now.

[Scrambled egg with sausage, zucchini and pepper jack cheese burritos]
My mom is so awesome. Lately she’s made us breakfast the mornings we work out. I love it! Scott thinks that he too needs to eat with us. After last night, I think the rice cereal does enough damage that we’ll stay away from zucchini and other veggies for a bit!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh EWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Thanks for the birth control ;-D

momma of 2 said...

After two babies - there is nothing left in my house that could be describe as a "cute white washcloth" - everything is stained and threadbare... not buying new until they are older...lol...

Mandy said...

White wash clothes, do they exsist? I thought that they only came in the grey/brown color from the store!;)
poop, poop, every where poop.
Be thankful S is a boy. E gets poop everywhere! From end to end!
Once, when she was little, like days old, I was changing her and as you know little newborns who are breastfed tend to have mushy, mushy all the time. So I lift her chubby little legs and then 'there she blows' projectile baby poop. EVERYWHERE. On the clean diaper, on me on my hands,my shirt, my pants, the bed, floor her feet, her clothes, and socks. And mind you it is like 4 am. We both where crying and covered in poop. Happy ending, we took a shower with help from papa, who then did the laundry. And we went back to bed had sweet dreams. Looking back, it is pretty funny. I am sure you'll do the same!

jerelyn said...

Ew, ew, ew...and did I mention EW?!? lol...remind me to post stories like this if I'm ever married with little babies...you crack me up Tammy.

Ashley said...

your mom is so awesome! it sounds like she is such a blessing to you and your family!