21 February 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Okay, so I officially feel old! I know, I'm not really old according to my co-workers who are double my age. But, I feel like adult-ish or something. I told my honey and he laughed and told me that I am an adult - married, kid, career. But I still like to have my hair played with and like playing in the snow, etc. And that's okay I guess. My life isn't solely focused on being just one of those things. We still spend time with the "kids" and play xbox with them, cut down trees and fun stuff like that.

[special day]
thanks to those who made my day special. For those who called with warm wishes and for Cori who sang to me. But mostly for my hubby who took the day off to focus on me. Our plans to go ice skating didn't work out since we're all fighting colds and our baby sitter had a snow day to make up at school. But we did have fun. We worked out in the morning as usual but it was nice to ride together and then go back home. We sat at the table and had breakfast together (never happens). And then we piddled around the house, played with Scott, snuggled in bed, played xbox, watched a movie, did a little laundry, played with Scott some more. Then last night, Ryan made me a cake (without frosting by my request) and chinese food.

[chinese food]
I made chinese food with our friends once. Got a semi-recipe. And we made it a few weeks back. It is so good. Chicken cut up and fried in batter, onions and bell peppers. Potatoes, shredded, rinse of the starch and then cooked with vinegar and bell pepper. This is usually over a bed of rice but we don't do the rice. The potatoes may not sound good at all but with the chicken, it's delcious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you enjoyed my off-key singing (aka shreaking) ;-D

Carrie said...

HAppy belated irthday-- and I don't think you want me singing to you.... :)

Ashley said...

yay! happy birthday!!

cake w/o frosting? is that how you prefer it? what kind of flavor was it?