26 July 2004

wonderful weekend...
Oh how I love the weekends. Usually my Saturday involves cleaning up the house while Ryan works. But our maid (me) has been on vacation! Saturday morning Ryan headed to the office and I went outside and piddled around the flower beds. I plucked out lots of weeds that don't belong. Then I watered some of my potted plants and re-potted some others. After a quick shower, I headed for mom's house to play with Kaleb and Ryan. I took Kaleb to the Clermont Days Parade. Since Kaleb hadn't been to a parade before, he didn't even know what it was and definitely didn't grasp the whole candy thing. Thanks to the help of some college and HS kids from the area, he quickly learned. His to-die-for eyes got everyones attention and by time we left, he had two bags full of candy. Cody and Erin taught Kaleb that waving at people meant more candy and they were definitely correct. He had a blast and even tossed candy to the guy on the tractor that didn't have any to offer him :) Talk about a cute kid! He loved the clowns and tractors; we had a blast. After the parade, we went back to mom's for a bite to eat and a nap. The nap lasted about 5 minutes because he was so excited to go fishing instead. So, mom and Ryan joined us on our little fishing trip. We went to the pond at Gilbertson Park just outside town. Kaleb had fun watching his grammy cast out his line and then he liked reeling it back in. Needless to say we didn't bring home any fish but we had fun. Ryan went home and we dropped grammy off and headed back to Gilbertson. There we walked around the little "petting zoo" and through the informational building. That was fun too. I had a blast hanging out with him. Sunday morning mom and Ralph left to take the kids back home but it was great to have both of them here for a while. When I download my camera, I'll bring pictures.

No comments: