02 July 2004

MONDAY the 21st
The NOPHNRCSE conference begins. Those of us on National Council met at 7am to go over the business agenda and sort through some other basic items. I “worked” all day helping out with registration and other little tasks. During my lunch break, I wandered over to the mall and had fish and chips with a few of the members. We held the business meeting on Monday night. There was a good turnout of food and members :) We chose a site for the 2005 conference and dealt with several other business items. I led the ad hoc committee for the site ballot and left the meeting carrying the votes. BUT, I forgot the bios for the sessions I was scheduled to moderate. After chatting on the phone with Ryan and relaxing, I realized what I was missing. I knew that they cleaned the ballroom already but hoped I could dig through the trash for my bios. As I exited the elevator, I was embarrassed to see Chief Knight socializing and tried to cover my NRCS logo on my shirt with my hair as I rushed past. Praise the Lord, they hadn’t cleaned the ballroom and my bios were exactly where I left them! So, I rushed back past the Chief and headed to my room to work on my introductions of speakers. Another night of good sleep but the bed seemed so empty without Ryan there next to me.

No comments: