02 July 2004

THURSDAY the 24th
Getting closer to the end. Amen, Amen, Amen. When I know I’m going home or finishing up, it always makes me eager to get through it and get home. Thursday had some good things on the agenda but I was enjoying learning from my new friends. At lunch time I went up to my room and packed my things. After lunch I met with some other NRCS staff and learned about conservation in other areas, met a few state cons and relaxed. Thursday night was the banquet where they handed out awards, had a comedian as the guest speaker and introduced new officers. They also announced where the next conference would be held. Louisiana, here we come! My brother, DJ, came to Sacramento to pick me up. He arrived early so I brought him into the banquet to hear the comedian. When it was over and the dance started, I said my adios’ and hit the road. DJ and I had an interesting chat on the way back to Fresno. I love my brother and try to be a good sister but I’m not sure what good I do. Anyway, we stopped at his girlfriend’s house so I could meet her. She seemed really sweet and I hope to get to know her better in the future. Then he took me to Dad’s house where we chatted for a bit and then I crashed.

No comments: