02 July 2004

WEDNESDAY the 23rd
We started the morning with a State Conservationist Breakfast. It was a great way for students who were there to solicit themselves for a job and network with others. Several students were Fresno State Bulldogs and pursuing engineering or agricultural degrees. One student is currently a USDA Multicultural Scholar. I made sure to introduce myself to her since I was in her shoes during my college days. It was a neat connection since I was a USDA scholar and have met someone else going through those same experiences. Wednesday was another full day with a conservation tour after lunch. I stayed back in the hotel during that for medical reasons (mostly because Eve at the apple from the tree).
Wednesday night I was free to do whatever I pleased. Yah! I had plans with the girls – Katie and Cori. Those two girls are my best college buddies and I love them dearly. Early that afternoon, Cori called and cancelled because of all the things going on with her. Katie and I missed our buddy but we had a good time together. We ate at Hard Rock CafĂ© and shopped in the mall next to the hotel. It was fun but I’d like some more of those days to catch up with my girls.

No comments: