09 July 2004

MONDAY the 28th
What a blessing Monday was. I got to hang out with my Nanny and little cousins, Taylor and Shannon Gilbreath. And for the first time since I’d left my house on the 18th, I had a home cooked meal. Yup, biscuits and gravy and bacon – good stuff! I hung out there all day playing with the girls and chit chatting with Nanny. She made lunch too; some more good stuff – fried potatoes and beans. Oh, how I love simple foods.
That night Dad and I planned on supper together. So, I went to his house and made an enchilada casserole. It turned out pretty good even though I forgot to use some sauce over the top. Well, Dad said he’d be home at 6pm and I was irritated when he wasn’t. Not much later I called his cell phone to see where he was. He was at the theatre cleaning up since he had left early the night before. About 7pm, Dad came in and not much later Jen called and chatted with him for a little bit. We ate dinner and chatted for a short period of time. He ended up helping me cut some roses to take to Dorothea.
About 930 that night, I showed up at the Fagundes house to visit with Jim and Dorothea. I wanted to surprise Dorothea and had been keeping tabs on them without them knowing it. Monday night was the only night I knew they’d be home. I stood outside and rang the doorbell. The boys (Jason and Mike) both knew I was coming so they made her answer the door. She was so surprised because she had no clue I was in town. It was lots of fun to visit with them. I tried to talk Jim into hunting deer out here instead of Montana but I don’t think I have him hooked yet. It was late and I knew they needed sleep so I went in the living room to harass Mike. Jim went on to bed and Dorothea came in there and we talked till 315 in the morning. I was so stinkin’ tired!!!!!!!! Another late night but well worth the time; it had been quite a while since I got to sit and visit with them.

No comments: