02 September 2009

Protected

Posts keep disappearing from my blog. I know I hit the post button but they don't show up and their not in the draft form either. Guess where I keep finding them... attached to another of my blogs. At least I'm finding them and eventually getting them in the right spot.

...

I'm so thankful for a hand of protection over my life. Not that I expect things to always go perfectly but I'm sure glad when they do. Sunday a tractor and silage wagon were in the right lane going up the hill on the highway. I came up behind him quickly and merged over into the left lane to pass. Just as I did so, the tractor driver decided to turn left, crossing over the left lane from the slow lane, right in front of me. I hit the brakes hard and moved over into the oncoming traffic lane (where I could see no traffic up the rest of the hill). The tractor drive swerved back to the right and then moved to the shoulder before turning right. It wasn't a bid deal but it could have been. Driving my father in laws truck this week, I can assure him that his brakes work. The worst part of it all was when I realized that prior to that, Bethany was holding a Culver's cup filled with red juice. She was wearing a white dress as we were on our way home from church. I quickly pulled over, took my black shirt off and started sopping up the bits of juice on the floor the best I could. When we arrived home, I immediately removed Bethany's dress and washed it. I'm so thankful that there was no accident. I'm used to deer running out in front of me. This tractor incident was a whole new experience. Granted, it is getting to be that time of year. In a few short weeks, silage harvest will begin followed by corn and soybeans. Around here you will see more tractors than vehicles on the road in the coming months!

No comments: