03 January 2007

Ah, I can almost breathe again

Okay, things have been a bit crazy around here lately. We had a whirlwind Christmas and New Year's Holiday Season. We did the B family Christmas down South, came home for the Christmas Cantata at church for hubby's part as the narrator, spent Christmas Eve with my mom and family. Christmas Day we had everyone to our house including both families. It went well until 5pm in which we skipped "seasons". We went straight from the holidays to "sick" season. Small fry was puking in the car that night which made for lots of fun, especially for me as I'm a nauseaus pregnant person anyway. That continued for a week. At the same time, the B's got sick, my dad, sister and her kids arrived in time to also get sick, neice spent a night in the hospital and there was lots of family time at the toilet for multiple issues.
New Year's was quiet for the most part. No big party with the sick folks! We did get together with some friends who all thought something was wrong. Nothing except being sick and tired of being sick and tired. My kid is totally out of his schedule and a pain in the butt about sleeping. I did manage to stay up to bring in the New Year without a nap! We also got our 2nd measurable snow of the year - not that it was much but at least we got snow.
The next day we had 12 hours of football on TV. Yeah, way too much for me but I entertained myself with little family members. My sisters kids are quite difficult and I would so discipline them differently!!!
Today was a back to work day after 5 days of being off. It sure made working difficult today. My in-laws are back today and gone tomorrow, I think. My dad, sister and family also leave tomorrow. So, we should be getting back to normal. Now, if only I can get my kid to go to bed without crying "mommy, mommy" for 45 minutes before I put him in bed with me to get him to sleep!

I've missed my world of posts and am eager to get back to normal and stop at the grocery store. Thanks to President Ford, I was able to stay home and watch his funeral on TV. It was quite the history lesson!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for updates!!!

Glad to hear that things will be getting back to normal for you. Hope you feel better soon ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better - and that the little one starts sleeping on his own - eventually they figure it out - and go on their own.

Ashley said...

Glad to have you blogging again! We missed you at the reunion!

Me said...

Hope you are all feeling much much better!

Kristin said...

Unthankfully to my employer, we did not get last Wednesday off - bummer! However, I had the day off because I was flying home - SICK - from CA. I woke up on New YEars day sick - and I'm still recovering. Thankfully, I wasn't ending up at the toilet as much as other family members who got sick after me. We've had NO snow. We were supposed to have a few flurries today, but I never saw them - of course I didn't leave work until 6pm and they were supposed to come in the afternoon - how the heck am I suposed to enjoy them while I'm couped up inside I ask??