16 January 2007

Winter Is Here
Yes, it's the middle of January and winter finally made its way to our area. It has been cold the last few weeks but now it's truly cold, in my opinion. Sunday night it snowed about 6 inches of light fluffy stuff. And this morning when I left, it was -6 and we expected a high in the low teens. It's great until the wind blows and then its FREEZING!

Church Nursery Update
I didn't talk to the lady I had the issue with. It was a crazy Sunday at our church with lots going on. However, I was in the nursery for Sunday School waiting like a heathen who doesn't go to Sunday School but has to wait for other activities. One of the ladies brought problem-girl in. I offerred to keep her since I was planning on being there anyway. The lady stayed. I was glad. Problem-girl through a mini-fit every time my kid tried to play with her and she was trying to do something else.

Buddha Belly and Excercise
Have I mentioned that my belly is sticking out? I've been wearing loose fitted shirts to hide the fact. But Sunday I wore a fitted shirt and my mom really noticed my belly. Problem is that it's not the baby sticking out, just the extra padding over the baby. I have yet to gain any weight which was the same with baby #1. But, I have my appetite back and know the pounds are coming. With baby #1, I said I was going to exercise and gained 45 lbs while sitting on my butt. So, this time, I thought to put it to practice. I got on the treadmill for 40 minutes on Saturday. It was a good, fast walk. The next day the sides of my calves were sore. And my feet still are sore. My poor body, I haven't worked out for several months.

Read Through the Bible
In 2005, I started to read through the bible and did well for the first 6 months and miserably failed after that. I thought I might try again. And knowing that I'll be overwhelmed with baby #2, I'm trying to get a head start. So, while on the treadmill, I listened to the first 14 chapters of Genesis. Then later, I sat down and read in Matthew. I figure if I mix the Old and New Testament readings, I'll maybe be able to get more accomplished. Happy reading.

Big Fat Headache
I've had a big fat headache for days now. I hate taking medicine. And now that I'm pregnant, I have some excuse! I think part of it is lack of sleep and part of it is a need to visit the chiropractor! All I know is that I desperately need my kiddo to sleep through the night again and not wake every 1-2 hours scared (or whatever his deal is).

5 comments:

Jody said...

You show faster with baby #2- even without gaining weight.

Drink more water, you may be dehydrated with the preganacy & dry weather. And definately get to the chiropractor. I love my chiro...

Anonymous said...

Sorry that Scott keeps waking up! You must be exhausted!!!

Me said...

Lack of sleep is almost always my source of headaches. Try to sleep as much as you can now before baby #2 comes!

Ashley said...

How is the sleep thing going?

Kristin said...

Post a prego pic Tammy!!