12 January 2007

Daycare

When your daycare is not available, who do you call on? I'd call grandparents. Unfortunately, the only grandparents nearby are also the daycare providers. Mom called yesterday at noon-ish to ask if I could find someone to keep Scott so they could go out of town. I figured it would be no problem. Yeah, well, it was. At 6pm, I had someone who'd keep him from lunch till I got off work. But I needed someone in the morning desperately because I had appointments at work. Fortunately, one of the girls from bible study offerred to add him to her list of kids to watch that morning (she was already watching her niece and nephew). So, I get all that settled around 9:45 when I return mom's phone call. She had called earlier to say that they weren't going out of town because of the weather and she could keep SCott.

Scott so needs more grandparents nearby on days like this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking and working on this problem.
Grandpa B

Fantastagirl said...

When my daycare is closed i have to take the day off work, or hubby does. My friends work, and my family is 3.5 to 4.5 hours away.

Ashley said...

I bet you love having your folks nearby.