09 January 2007

excert from email

The following is an excerpt from an email that I sent to my good friend over at Obsessive Compulsive Bride:

You made my day today. A day when I've done nothing all day but work on maps for a guy's contract, I needed a little something fun to read. I know you updated yesterday but I just had to check today, just in case. And I died laughing. I read the title and laughed. Then the first few lines... And before scrolling down to the next paragraph, I thought "wait, do I wanna pray for someone humping her computer???" And then voila, right there in the next paragraph you asked if it negated any prayer. Cracked me up! That's why we're friends and that's what I miss so much about seeing you more often!!!!

Things here are well. I'm feeling good again for the most part. My stomach hurt last night but it was just gassy, I think. I couldn't help but eat supper at mom's last night: fried potatoes, boiled pinto beans and cornbread. So plain but so perfect. I think the beans did it :)

I'm so glad to be off next Monday. I have so much to do around the house. I haven't even put away Christmas décor yet. I must do that tonight since we have bible study at our house on Thursday. So next Monday while I should be deep cleaning, I plan to take small fry for his 18 month pictures and then hopefully head to Waterloo for some maternity clothes shopping.

My belly is starting to stick out just enough that fitted shirts are no longer appealing to me. But not enough that I dare take out the maternity clothes. It's drama. On the upside, Saturday was a good day. For the first time in a long time, I took a long shower and then took time to do my hair and a little make up. It's amazing how different my "naturally nasty" hair looks if I put some effort into it. However, it also made me realize that I look like poop every other day that I come to work with my crappy hair, no make up, etc.


Tomorrow is my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday JJ!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

My hair looks poopy too if I odn't do anything to it! Nice post!

Anonymous said...

You just announced to the entire internet that you are gassy!

Tamara B said...

Cori, it's a reality that I can't deny. It's not like I'm walking around farting like a warthog! My tummy just has gas pains!

Me said...

You gotta post the new 18 month photos!

Ashley said...

Wow...18 months. Can't believe it!