23 January 2007

Sunday Fun Day

Sunday started out not so fun at our house. We should have been up by 730am and at 8am when the phone rang, we were still in bed. Mom was way too chipper in her message about the big snow flakes falling and enjoying the day. That phone call was followed by 4 more - none of which left messages. I assumed it was mom and was annoyed. After finally rolling out of bed and calling mom back, I learned that it was M calling to say that church was cancelled because of snow covered roads, etc. The weather indicated the Highway was 100% covered and it was advised not to drive on the highway. So, we enjoyed a slow and mostly quiet morning at home.

Mid morning, hubby and I ventured outside while T (one of the junior high kids who stayed at our house the night before) watched small fry. The neighbor was out plowing our shared driveway so I started in on the sidewalk. Hubby took the truck out to see what the driveway/hill and roads were like. Hubby then headed to the vet clinic to play with the snow blower while I rushed for a quick shower.

We had an awesome lunch at mom's. Fresh blue-gill that my cousin caught ice fishing - mom breaded and fried it. Plus, mom made mashed potatoes, green beans and corn bread. It was awesome. Afterwards we played skip-bo while a few of the guys watched the Bears game and when the clock was still running but the game was OVER, we headed outside to sled.

I had a blast. It was a short hill that provided just enough fun without a huge walk back up. Small fry didn't know what to think about it. He went down with each of us before I sent him laying down on the disk by himself. He didn't think much of it until everyone cheared. Then hubby sent him down by himself sitting up. Of course, he ate it half way down and cried. Then he tried to wipe the snow out of his face and made it worse and cried more. It was cute and fun. He was ready to go home after that. He made a quick snow angel in his grammy's lawn before we wiped him off and jumped in the car.

It was a good and fun day. We also stopped by Sharon's "snowboard park" to watch the guys for a bit before going home to finish watching the end of the Colts game. It was a fun and relaxing day for us.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you had a great "wintery" Sunday!

Fantastagirl said...

I love days like that - and am glad you got to have a great day!

Kristin said...

Sounds liek you had a great day! It snowed here too on Sunday, and I didn't end up leaving my house. Monday am I shoveled my driveway, and headed to work. Hopefully we will get more snow - it is in the forecast for tomorrow :) No sledding for me yet, however :)