22 December 2006

Heartbeat and Cramps

We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time last night. It was exciting but also scary to know that there were concerns. Now that I'm into my 2nd trimester and they have a heartbeat, I think the concerns are limited if not gone. I do have these cramps though that are killer. Sharp pains on both sides, right where my ovaries would be. Based on my two previous ultrasounds, the doc thinks the sharp pains are caused by the cysts that are developing on my ovaries. Sounds bad but its really not. They kinda grow and dissapear and then grow again. Its fairly common. Last night's appointment was fun and as always, it was good to see the clinic staff again and watch them "ooh and awe" over small fy who is quite the little flirt!

We leave today for the B family Christmas. It will be fun and I'm glad to see the in-laws again but I'm not looking forward to a 3.5 hour drive. Thankfully, I'm not one of those stuck in an airport right now!

I'm tired today. Yesterday was a good time hanging out with some of the college kids who are home. Last night hubby had guy time. They ended up at our house playing xbox in the basement and yelling their heads off. A few of the college girls also came over and I tried to stay awake while we watched a movie and they were there until after midnight. I was feeling crappy on the couch from not eating enough supper. No fun. It was good to visit with the girls although I didn't get my dishes finished, my laundry finished or any packing done. Oops :)

Wishing you a Merry Christmas as we celebrate the birth of our savior!

4 comments:

Me said...

My friend that is pregnant is having the same situation with the cysts.

Hope you feel better and Merry Christmas to you!

Ashley said...

Merry Christmas to you too!

Fantastagirl said...

Merry Christmas - and I hope that you have a great time with the family!

Jody said...

Merry Christmas! I had ovarian cysts when I was pregnant, too. They hurt- I feel your pain! Hoping your drive is safe.