18 May 2006

Psalm 78:1-7 (The Message)
1Listen, dear friends, to God's truth, bend your ears to what I tell you. 2I'm chewing on the morsel of a proverb; I'll let you in on the sweet old truths, 3Stories we heard from our fathers, counsel we learned at our mother's knee. 4We're not keeping this to ourselves, we're passing it along to the next generation-- GOD's fame and fortune, the marvelous things he has done.
5He planted a witness in Jacob, set his Word firmly in Israel, Then commanded our parents to teach it to their children 6So the next generation would know, and all the generations to come-- Know the truth and tell the stories so their children 7can trust in God, Never forget the works of God but keep his commands to the letter.

[10 words]
The following is 10 words from the letter S given to me by fantastagirl:
- Shoot, the first word I thought of is also used as a term for cow manure. Bad me.
- Stress, I have plenty of that in my life right now. I hope to leave work early today to get some things done around the house
- Sunshine – after several days of cloud cover, we finally have sun. No tan for me today though, the wind is chilly enough that I wore a light sweater when I was out in the field.
- Scott – my son, of course
- Sleep – I got good sleep last night even though I was up for over an hour with my kiddo. It was so good to feel rested this morning.
- Study – I need to study and memorize some stuff before my next class.
- Shocking a Stream – I spent a few hours this morning shocking a trout stream. We do this to survey the type, number and size of fish to see how much things have improved.
- So BIG – my kiddo recently learned how to throw his arms in the air when you play “so big” with him.
- Scrapbooking – I wish I had time for this. And, I wish I had L’s creativity and patience for each page.
- Summer Schedule – I’m trying to figure out my summer schedule for work travel, guests and everything else that will keep us swamped!

[bet with M]
I can officially report about my bet with M. A bunch of the girls think I’m pregnant because I’ve been tired and had some pregnancy symptoms. So, I bet M a penny that I’m not. The symptoms ended up being the flu and I think I can attribute the tiredness to all the running around and stress. I was pretty sure that I wasn’t pregnant although there were times when I began to wonder. So, yesterday I bought a trusty test to rule out the pregnancy. Well, I’m not pregnant so M owes me a penny – I hope it’s a shiny one :)

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

You did great with your 'S'...

I wish I had time for scrapbooking too!

I hope you get a shinny penny!

Anonymous said...

That was a fun read:) I've been meaning to let you know an old friend of yours...a mexican guy named Oscar or was it Oliver? Says Hello:) I went wine tasting in Fresno area a few weekends ago at the First Annual Fresno Wine Journey and he was at the Cedar View Winery or was that Sierra View? They are both on the same land but one is a bed and breakfast and the other is a winery. He got his degree in Vitaculture or something like that and is now working with the owner at the above mentioned winery. He noticed me and knew I was a friend of yours...I don't remember seeing him, ever, but I told him he looked familiar (not at all). HAHA! I don't have a phone number for you as none were exchanged but I told him what little I knew about you at the present time (he was happy to hear it) and promised him I would mention our encounter to you:) It only took a few weeks but my work is done. HAHA! Happy Living.
With love,
Snoopy
PS: Your Baby Scott is going up so well:) Great Job on that:)

Ashley said...

hey there! to answer your question...my new niece or nephew is to arrive in mid-august. i go home on august 20-sept.4 so i will definitely be able to see him or her. yay!

i'm so glad you have sun now! have a good weekend?