12 May 2006

Big City, the bet and camping

Another quick trip to the big city, the state capitol this time. Another 400+ miles on my car. I love how the government pays me to drive 7 hours for a 4 hour meeting plus they pay me mileage, food and hotel. I opted to save you some tax money and stayed with Ryan's grandparents. Got in at 940pm after having to stop at Old Navy for a little break.
On my way back home, I had to stop for another little break. Not only had I drank a liter of water and REALLY had to go, but I wanted to do some quick shopping again. So, what did I purchase at the lovely Target:
1. Two toys for Scott.
2. A hammock for Ryan since his bday present was supposed to be a Cardinals game and that isn't going to happen now.
3. Some clothes for me (shhh, I haven't told my hubby yet).

[the bet]
The night before at Old Navy I was in search of some maternity clothes. Nope, not for me, but for my friend M. Yes, the friend I made the bet with. Okay, so back to the bet real quick. We had this bet - she bet I was pregnant. And she asks me lots if I am pregnant. Well Wednesday morning when I was home playing with my new palm pilot instead of working out, she shared that they heard the heartbeat for the first time - she's 12 weeks pregnant. It was quite planned but they're excited and I'm giddy! I had to stop and find M some cute maternity clothes. I found a white camisole with some cute and simple embroidery on it. I loved my white camisoles when I was pregnant. So, yeah, M kept asking me if I was pregnant cause she wanted me to be pregnant with her but was waiting to say she's pregnant. I'm so excited for them!

[camping]
We're headed out to camp this weekend. And I must mention that it has been overcast, cold and spotty rain for the past few days. At least we'll be in a motorhome but I don't think we'll ever make it outside. Its May here people. And where I come from, May = WARM weather. It's in the 40's here. Brrr!

4 comments:

jerelyn said...

Isn't Old Navy the best?! Hope you had a great time camping!

Anonymous said...

How was camping?

jerelyn said...

Yay for Jake! Goin to Minnesota to see the game?! Fun. I've been to two pro games already this year, and I'm looking forward to many, many more before the fall. :-)

I think need to come visit you guys in early May when it's stinkin hot here. 50s?! And oh how I'd love a little rain...

Fantastagirl said...

Glad the trip was good - and hey - thanks for saving me a few dimes... I appreciate it.