05 May 2009

bumper fixed

Back in January, Ryan backed into the van we had just bought 10 days before.  I got an estimate for repair but never got it fixed -- duct tape was a whole lot cheaper and did the job, until it rained this spring. 
 
Last Thursday my van was at the garage to get the sway links and sway bars fixed: $225
 
Friday, my van went to the body shop to get the bumper and back quarter panel fixed.  While they worked on that, I drove their little Rav.  Although I'm thankful for their loaner car, I did not like the Rav or the slight smell of smoke within.  So today I went to pick up my van.  I never thought I'd be so excited for a van.  Maybe it was because they washed it and vacuumed it out for me.  I walked up to the owner saying "Kurt, I have a bumper, in one piece, and no duct tape.  I love it."  He stood there and asked me to come take a look at it before I got real excited.  The van that he'd just parked by the front door for me to pick up had a new owie.  Someone opened the door and the wind caught it and it took a tin layer off of my freshly painted bumper.  I didn't care really, it was in one piece.  Kurt on the other hand felt awful.  We made arrangements for him to fix it when I get back to my office next month.  He told me that I didn't need to pay him until then.  Poor guy!




Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.

4 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Oh NO! At least there is no more duct tape.

jerelyn said...

I HAVE A RAV4!!! lol. I love it...but it doesn't smell like smoke. Maybe someday I will love a van too. :-)

Ashley said...

Kurt sounds like a nice guy!!