22 November 2007

Giving Thanks

I'm thankful for:
1. My husbands driving skills on slushy, windy roads
2. Each breath
3. Diaper rash cream
4. Walmart being open when I needed a potty break
5. Family
6. Mom's open door policy
7. Sleeping kids

There is truly so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for the Pilgrims who were willing to cross the Atlantic to the new world. When all odds were against them, God sustained them and provided exactly what they needed. I'm thankful that the Indians were able to see how God worked to provide for them when they called on his name.

p.s. I'm thankful for those stores who were closed on Thanksgiving and allowed their employees to spend time with their families. At the same time, I was really hungry on the way home from Iowa City and nothing was open except a buffet in Big City with an airport. Who needs a buffet after a Thanksgiving meal. I was so excited when I got to Gotham City (home of Fantastagirl) and the BurgerKing sign read "OPEN THANKSGIVING". And then the dissapointment came as we drove through the intersection and saw the bottom of the sign which read (8-noon). Dangit.

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Imagine living here - and not wanting to cook supper only to find out - nothing is open and that we will be cooking supper as well.... Sorry that BK was a disappointment - you wouldn't want to eat there anyway... yuck!

Ashley said...

Loved your "thankful" list!