19 March 2007

New things for Small Fry

A few new things about the small fry (besides the seizure):
- He likes to say LOTS of things. A few favorites are "come in grandpa" in the sweetest little voice ever; "where fill in the blank go" with arms spread wide open.
- He loves stairs and thinks he needs to go down them too often now (thanks to LC who's been watching him and teaching him to do the steps outside).
- He didn't want to nap the other day so I tried to snuggle with him. Instead of sleeping, he spent at least 20 minutes "playing" with my hair. He'd move it out of my face and back, etc. Yes, he's my son and doesn't take after his father on that one!
- He likes his potty chair but only because its a chair his height, not because he associates it with pottying.
- He still has a fettish with shoes and phones (another sign that he takes after me). The kid thinks that mornings and toast are related some how.

We visisted an older couple from our church last night. By time we left, he was calling Gladys "grandma". I wonder if any older person will now be grandma or grandpa. He's an absolute blast to be around but has a definite strong will to him. It's frustrating but funny when he gets mad and throws this very short but obvious fit. The kid loves cookies, counts to 3 or from 6-10 and knows some ABC's. He's growing so fast. His vocabulary is amazing which makes me wonder if he'll be slow in another area such as potty training.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

he loves cookies? he is a kid after my own heart!