29 March 2007

High/Low

Every week at bible study, we start with our "high" of the week and our "low". I always forget by time I get there and listen to everyone else so I thought I'd share it here:

High
So I walked into the local bakery the other day (which BTW has no comparison to the little mexican bakery back home) to buy a few things for the office. I asked for a half dozen "long johns" (aka maple bars) from the lady but was completely eyeing the muffins. She mentioned that she had a special for a dozen long johns and answered my question about the muffins. Smart-alek me popped back at her "oh, you're only telling me to buy more because you know I'm big and pregnant and want to eat everything in sight". Her response was to die for. She made my day, and possibly my week by saying "oh honey, but you are a beautiful pregnant!"
Okay, that lady rocks! Sure, my hubby thinks to tell me on occassion that I'm beautiful but isn't he supposed to? Duh, he married me, I hope he doesn't think he married some dog-faced nasty person! It was quite refreshing to hear some complete stranger tell me I'm beautiful!

Low
The next morning after rushing out of the house without a shower (okay I wasn't at all dirty or sweaty or anything but I feel like I HAVE to have a morning shower to freshen up), I was working at my desk. At one of my many potty breaks during the morning (the baby has shifted and is using my bladder as a pillow), I looked in the bathroom mirror. My only thought was: "yeah, today I'm definitely NOT a beautiful pregnant woman!!!" Today was much the same only I had my shower. The not beautiful part: letting my naturally nasty hair air dry, no make-up, nothing!

2 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

All pregnant woman have a glow - I'm sure you are beautiful without the makeup!

Ashley said...

you ARE beautiful!