01 April 2012

Crummy Day

Yesterday was a crummy day for me. At the end of the day, I couldn't remember all the crummy moments. Not because I was such a good mom and made a point to forgive and forget. No, I couldn't remember because the moments were so many. I thought about blogging about it and giving a few examples. And then at the end of the day, as I was getting ready to put the kids in bed, I got a phone call from a friend.

My friend told me about her crappy weekend. My heart aches for all the crap they're going through. I can't imagine having people be so hateful to me. A righteous anger fills my mind when I hear about they're hurt. And in those moments, I don't dare share about my crummy day.

As I hang up the phone, I know that my day could be worse.

Today I talked to my sister on the phone. My nephew has been in the hospital almost a week. Dealing with the emergency room docs, my nephew's GI issue, and his severe pneumonia have made for a rough week. Doing it as a solo parent doesn't make it any easier.

As I hung up the phone, I know that my day could be worse.

May these two stories help me remember how truly blessed I am.

No comments: