27 July 2011

Summer of Memories


So I went to Life 101.9's website to nominate a friend for their "Summer of Memories" contest.  This is how the contest rolls:
 
When you were growing up, summer meant a break from school and a chance run and play.  Now summer can feel like a busier time than the rest of the year.  We hope this summer that you and your family are finding time to get away and spend together.
But maybe you know of a family who isn't able to have time together.  Dad is busy working a lot, Mom is working to make ends meet, and the kids are all off doing their own thing.  The one thing your friend and her family could use is some time together, but they can't seem to find it.
You can help!  Nominate that friend and her family for Life 101.9′s Summer of Family Memories.  The winner and their family will receive:
  • a $250 gift card to the Coral Ridge Mall
  • 6 tickets to a Cedar Rapids Kernels game
  • a family meal at Pizza Ranch
  • a gift card to Parable Lemstone Christian Bookstores
  • a $100 gas card from Kwik Star
  • and a nights stay at Country Inn and Suites in either Waterloo or Cedar Falls
 
And as I thought about how I wanted to write up my nomination, I got selfish and wondered if I could nominate my own family.  The pity party of thinking we were deserving subsided enough that I think I put in a pretty good nomination for some friends.  I want my friends to win but if you know someone who's deserving and lives within the Life 101.9 listening area, go on over to their website and write up your nomination.  

No comments: