25 August 2006

Where Am I?

Things are definitely wild around here. Honestly, I feel like I say that a lot but sometimes it just seems to be worse. Work is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. We're swamped. They've even called in help. I like it though, it keeps me on my toes. Most days fly by with a quick 5 minute pause to stuff some food in my face. It's been great working with the landowners and seeing their hard work pay off. I wish I was farming so I could add the big bucks to my bank account :) Things are really hopping around here and I'm enjoying the work load although I'm trying really hard to find a balance with work and home lately. Last week was the girls night out. This week I've spent a fair amount of time with my two aunts who are in town for a week. I even took Wednesday off to "play". I worked on this cute little wall hanging for baby Elizabeth who was born on Monday. I still have to finish that but I must say that it is absolutely adorable!!!

Tonight is the first football game. It's a scrimmage actually. I wasn't planning on going but I think I wanna go to support a few of the kids. After that, we're headed to a friends for the 9pm Mariners v. Red Sox game. Jake is pitching again tonight so I'm excited to see that.

I was totally blessed the other night when I talked to one of my child hood pals. I miss being able to run home and see those people. I almost wish that I lived within a few hours driving distance so I could connect with some friends and family back home. It totally made me want to go home. Home is another issue too. I was hoping to get back to CA to surprise my dad for his 50th bday but that's not happening. Funds are tight right now and work is crazy so I'm here in Iowa for my dad's bday. Hopefully though, I'll be able to head home next spring to meet my new neice/nephew. My sister-in-law is pregnant and I'm super excited for them.

Blah, blah, blah. Busy week ahead. I better enjoy my weekend before it is over!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

i hope your weekend was great and not all that busy!

Jody said...

Busy, busy, busy. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back.