08 August 2006

Am I old?

Thanks to Ashley for reminding me about being so young yet being considered "old". I think of that occasionally now that I'm doing grown up things - a career, married, mother. We often spend time with the high school and college age kids associated with the contemporary service at our church. And multiple times, we've been asked to be the adult chaperones for hanging out afterwards. More recently, this past school year, we've hung out with Lil-R at our house, invited her to our small group, etc. She' s been a great addition to our family life. One particular small group night, she brought her "boy" with her. Now let me just say that our small group is young adults, all done with the college age scene. So, here's L and her boy who's still in high school. I'm sure he left there thinking that we were a bunch of old farts. Seriously, do you remember when you were 18 and around people who were in their mid 20's to 30ish? Did you think they were old? Friends, if you're feeling old, just think of your grandma and that should help you feel young again (but to be honest, I think we're getting "old")

5 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

I was feeling old until today and the ladies at work were talking... I am young, I am very very young. (yes, I know I'm 31~)

Ashley said...

i guess we are getting old, but in my head i still feel like i am in high school!:)

jerelyn said...

okay, i took your advice and thought of my grandma...but thinking about how old she looks now compared to how she looked years ago when I was young...just makes me feel old. ;-)

haha. hope you're doing great Tammy!!

Me said...

Yep, know the feeling exactly! Especially because I remember being a kid and thinking 30 was so "old".

Kristin said...

I know what you mean....but I do feel old because I'm going to be 30 next year - yikes!