22 August 2011

It is Finished

I'm glad today is done.  Granted, I would have loved to been in bed 2 hours ago.  As it is, I'm sitting here blogging with no glasses/contacts in and I'm tired and my eyes are blurry.  I'm brilliant, I know.  I thought about sharing with you about the chaos of my day and maybe I still will tomorrrow.  But I couldn't find anything positive to share.  Yikes, I gues it was a bit chaotic.  But as I sat here and thought about it, I have lots of positives from today.  It's all a matter of perspective.  I share these to encourage you to look on the bright side and to thank God for the many blessings we have:
 
  1. Roof over my head.  Warm bed.  3 meals today.
  2. Starbucks coffee.  Shared with two kids.
  3. A day off of work.
  4. Being EARLY to an appointment.
  5. Time with Great Grandma today.
  6. Ryan's family who loves me like their own family.
  7. Kids who are, for the most part, perfectly healthy.
  8. A hug from Judah (those are rare sometimes)
  9. Money to buy groceries and other things.
  10. Air conditioned vehcile.
  11. Seeing Scott's bones on x-ray today.
  12. An encouraging word from a friend.
  13. Funny kids.
  14. Excited kids.
  15. A husband who puts groceries away so I can veg on the couch.
 
And there's lots more where that came from.  Those good memories are good considering our wild day!  Thank you Jesus for rest.  I'm looking forward to getting some now.

No comments: