21 February 2007

FINALLY

After not being able to access blogger for a week, here I am!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you have already heard the news, but for the rest of you....we have the results of our ultrasound. It was a great Valentine's present at 7:30am!!!

What are we having?
A thumb-sucker
A yawner
One with cute feet
A bashful baby

Yup, that's it. That's all the news we got too. Because the baby is in breech position, the tech couldn't determine the sex. He tried, he really did. But, no news on the sex of the baby.

I was kinda heart-broken at first. I even told the tech "dude, this is Valentine's Day, you're killing me!" The baby must not realize how much I'd like to plan and prepare for his/her special arrival. Seriously, I wanna buy clothes and other fun baby stuff but can't (as the baby is kicking and seemingly throwing a fit this very moment). Now, a week later, I'm getting used to not knowing. I had my monthly check up today and Dr. Ryan said that we'll just have to wait and be surprised. So, in the mean time, I have to start thinking about baby names - one for a boy and one for a girl. Any ideas?

In other news, my small fry is quite the hyper child. He's wired ALL the time. I had Monday off and was able to do a little shopping with my mom. And since I couldn't buy for my baby, I bought lots of clothes for my nephew who will arrive in the next few weeks. Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I opted to have supper at my folks and celebrate with my mom (her birthday is tomorrow). Mom made an awesome meal at my request. I got a new pair of Keen shoes from hubby as well as a very cute card. Mom made me a very cute wall hanging which she'll frame for me and made me cookies. I had several fun messages on my answering machine when I got home: my Nanny who sang "happy birthday" on my answering machine, Mike (long lost friend #2) and my father-in-law who left a lovely message. It was a great day!

My belly is growing rapidly. I have yet to take pictures and hope to do that soon!

10 comments:

Kristine said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to see what you needed to see! That would be so hard!! Well, July isn't too far away:) Happy belated Birthday!!! Oh, and I LOVE THE SHOES. I now am putting a pair of those (different style) on my birthday list! Hope you're doing well!!!

Anonymous said...

see http://enginepuller.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you couldn't find out the sex of the baby.

For a girl, Emily would be a cute name. I'll try to think of others. Hmmm ....

Me said...

An old co-worker of mine named his daughter McKenzie, but they call her Macy for short. Isn't that cute?

Fantastagirl said...

For Names - Ilike:

Kristen Marie
Emily
Sarah Elizabeth
Lynn

James
Michael
Mitchell
Andrew (Drew for short)

Where is your Dr. Ryan from? I think that is the name of my friends baby doctor.

Fantastagirl said...

I hit return before I meant -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kristin said...

I defintely like the name Kristen Marie......although Kristin with two i's is even better ;)

I like the name Ethan for a boy :)

Jody said...

I have long list of gaelic and Irish names if you want to go that direction...

Anonymous said...

Hey, happy Belated Birthday! Long time no talk! Congrats on the baby news, I, too, will be expecting this year, my first baby - due in September! Girl names are harder for me than boy names, but I like Kylie, Morgan and Loren and the middle name will be Paige. If it's a boy it is Ryan Anthony! I hope all is well. I'll keep checking back here for more baby updates!
Take Care
Your Old California Friend -
Patty (Fagundes) Avila

Ashley said...

Can't wait to see "pregnant" pics!