01 November 2006

Halloween

Hubby sent a few great pictures of small fry in his MOO-COW outfit. Unfortunately, the size is to big too load. Here are a few others from my folks:


Here's a few of my thoughts about Halloween:
I don't like Beggars Night. I try not to support Beggars Night. Forget Halloween, I like to think we should be celebrating Harvest Time instead. But, being the good mom that I am, I found a costume for the kiddo. Only, I tweaked the idea a bit to fit my preferences. Kiddo dressed up as a cow, a very cute one I might add. Of course, we snapped some cute pictures before leaving. We purchased candy and walked around town with him stopping only at certain houses, most of which had no outside light on. Instead of asking for candy, we handed out candy. It was fun. We stopped at several of the old folks in our church, some of the younger folks (our friends) and the mom&pops grocery store where small fry shared candy with the ladies working. We handed out candy to the adults and coloring books to a few kiddos. It was fun. So, in a way, I got my way: I got pictures of my cute kid and showed him off to people as well as visited a few of the older folks. And at the same time, we weren't out begging for candy that my 15 month old child will never eat!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see the pics ;-(

Hal and Anna said...

I LOVE your halloween idea! How great!

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

Awesome idea! My mom always got either fruit snacks or something like that for the little ones who wouldn't eat the candy. But I kind of like your idea better.

Chris and I both grew up doing Halloween but most of our church is way against it. Puts a lot of pressure on you.

Hope all is well!
R

ps - can't see the photos either. Open up the big ones in Microsoft Photo Manager and hit edit and then compress for web page and save and then you can post them.

Fantastagirl said...

Love the idea!

jerelyn said...

what a great idea!! i bet your little guy was so cute...can't wait to see the pics!

Ashley said...

how original! i might have to steal that idea some day.:-) enjoy your weekend!

Me said...

That is an awesome idea!!!!

I agree with you about the holiday. So much so that I haven't handed out candy for about 4 years now.

Jody said...

I like your idea. Very original. We go for healthy type goodies to hand out. I think the origins of Halloween (samhain from the Celts) has become commercialized beyond recognition. Unfortunately it is my favorite holiday- just for the dressing up and because I love fall...

Oh, btw, I did it. you are now in my list of favorites.