27 October 2006

my scatter brained thoughts of the day

What in the world have I been up to lately? Well, it would be easy to say that baseball has consumed our life. Honestly though, hubby has been great at making sure that there’s more to his life than baseball – even if his favorite team, the Cardinals, are in the World Series right now. It’s been a quick week although not dramatic, which is good. Here’s the details:
For all of you women considering children, here’s a bit of birth control for you. Small fry is getting his molars. He’s been awake and fussing 5 of 6 nights. Needless to say I’m tired and grumpy which also means my house is a mess and I’m not motivated to work. It’s been a good week though. For a few days now, I’ve tried to remember what I did Monday night. Still can’t recall. Tuesday morning I couldn’t force myself to work and stayed home only to realize mid morning that I had a few afternoon appointments. I went to a new girly doctor. She was fantastic and I loved her – as much as you can love a gyno. I also had my check up at the eye doctor. Yup, I’ll be putting the glasses back on – yes, the ones that sat on my office desk, under a pile of papers, with a broken hinge, the last 18 months! The news ones will be cute I think but they surely came with a price. Darn insurance. I had my typical Wednesday and Thursday schedule. Was super tempted to not go to small group last night but as usual, I was glad to be there and I didn’t even need tooth picks to hold my eyes open. Today the best man in our wedding comes to town. He’s been serving in Iraq for the last year and we’re glad to have him home before he heads back to his duty station in Germany. The only bad part about him coming is that my house is not ready for company.
I know, you guys all think that it’s no big deal and he’s coming to see us not a scrubbed toilet. Honestly though, I really wish I had the house clean. Remember, I’m a neat freak. And the house needs more than “picked up”. Like the kitchen floors that have been swept but not mopped in a few weeks really need some attention. I think they’re choking from the layer of filth on them. The cow hide, even though I vacuumed it on Monday, now needs vacuumed again thanks to small fry and his love for finding dried leaves and crumbling them. And the spare bedroom. We’ve had 3 different sets of visitors in there in 3 weeks, tonight will make four sets. Since the first set, I haven’t swept or swiffered the wood floors. And more recently, there’s a pile of clothes on the floor that our company didn’t take with them AND the sheets need washed. Yeah, I have other clean and awesome sheets but the ones that are on the bed match the best so I wanted to use those. The recycles really need taken out from the back porch and in the mean time there’s a pile of recycle stuff by the back door which looks SUPER tacky. I have scrapbooking stuff on the dining table too. I could survive if those things were done. And I’d be most happy with myself if I had meals planned, snacks put together and other fun stuff like that. But no, I went to work today like a good girl.
Ah yes, work. I felt like crap today, just the achy tired feeling. I have problems with my legs and feet bothering me. So what did I do today at work? I headed to the field to lay out conservation practices. Yup, you know it, this prissy girl can stunt double as a farm girl. Four hours of walking in a rough, cornstalk infested field before I gave my little legs a rest.
Oh, and speaking of farm girl… we stopped on our way home last night at the local college dairy where my buddy L was working. It was super special and she greatly appreciated seeing the 6 of us standing in the window when she looked up after prepping a cow. It was well worth the time! Oh and another random thought to share is about my friend N. She’s one of my closest buds from my CA days. She currently works at the famous coffee shop that is way too expensive. Anyway, I call up the expensive shop yesterday (after a little investigating to get the phone #) and she answers the phone. It was perfect! I asked if I could order a coffee to go. She said yes. I proceeded to ask if she could send it to Iowa. And then it clicked with her, it was me. Her response was worth recording. I quickly told her I missed her and loved her before I once again requested the coffee. She warned me that it would no longer be fresh, we said good bye and I went on with my day. I love little surprises like that.

And one more thought. I'm so sick of people who make committments and don't follow through with them. I've been mean lately and have emailed those folks and basically told them what I think and what I expect. No more Mrs. Nice Gal for me this week. Jerks. Okay, that’s it from me. I so need to get to my small fry and then on home to my company.

4 comments:

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

I did the field work thing today too! Except it was 7 hours of terraces in corn stalks - I hate BT corn! Went out Wednesday too with Luke - 6000' in 8 hours and 7 terraces on one farm. Exhausting! So ready for layout to be done!

Hope you're enjoying your company! Let's talk next week! More news on the baby stuff.

jerelyn said...

yay the Cardinals won! i would have been a Detroit fan (since they're in the same league as Boston), but since Boston kicked their toes a few years back, I felt the need to cheer for them. Kind of a 'make-up' cheer. haha. Anyway, go Jeff Weaver, eh? Its so fun when former Fresno State guys do amazing things... :-) Okay...no more baseball. hehe.

Ashley said...

What is your son going to be for Halloween? Can't wait to see pics!

Feeling better??

Kristin said...

I'm with on all of it - especially your last paragraph!