07 April 2006

Story of the Day - not a fun one either!

Got pretty scared last night. Scott, the middle of the night, was fussing. Most the time, I'll let him fuss for a while to see if he'll go back to sleep. Last night I checked on him right away for some reason. Walked into his room and it was smoke-filled. Thought I was seeing things in my half-awake state. Nope, it was smoke in his room. He has a vaporizer for his cold/congestion. Water must have caused a short or something because there was smoke in there. I unplugged it, left the door open and took my kid to my room. I had Ryan go in to make sure I wasn't imagining things and yep, it was smoky. Not full of smoke like a fire, but enough to scare me. We close his door to keep the humidity in his room so the smoke wasn't able to escape either. If I would have waited, he could have very well passed out and I may have just thought he fell asleep. It was scary. Praise God for the prompting to check on him right away last night!!! Scott-R, I love you son!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How scary!!!

Eeek!

Lars said...

Wow...that is scary. Good thing you went to check on him! That's just how things work when they need to :-) He was looking out for you that day!

Anonymous said...

Praise God, is right! Glad you checked on him when you did, and I'm glad he's a-o.k.!

Lots of Love,
~patty

Fantastagirl said...

How scary - I think Scott has a guardian angel! Glad you checked on him!

Have a good weekend!

jerelyn said...

Wow! Good thing you went to check on him. So scary! So I bet you won't use that humidifier again soon...

Kristin said...

I"m a little behind on blog updates - thank the Lord he is okay!!