04 June 2004

Okay, I'm so ticked! I just updated my blog and it didn't post! Here's try #2 for a quick synopsis of the last few weeks:

- The rains came and floods followed. Tornado warnings and lots of rain ruined my night of cuddling on the couch. We're thankful though that the floods didn't directly affect our home. Lots of people in Clayton county (where I work) lost everything. All farmland near streams was flooded. Makes for some interesting photos.

- Ryan and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. Not quite as planned though. Thanks to the flood waters, Ryan's plans to take me fishing were wiped away. We did go to dinner and then went home and watched a movie. Of course, I fell asleep half way through it.

- WE SOLD THE HORSE! Yes, Promise is gone. Its sad, I know, but a good decision to get rid of her. Now, we need something in the pasture to keep the grass down. We plan to get a beef cow and then have it processed and put in our freezer later on.

- Some friends of ours, the Cizewski's, just moved their family to Clermont. Andy and Erica have 4 little girls. All 6 are lots of fun and we're glad to have friends within 3 miles of our house!

- The state conservationist (the boss in Iowa) retired last week. Praise the Lord! I had been praying for this for a year and a half. Soils cons (which is me) are required to be mobile within the state. Ya know, move around. Well, that was fine and dandy till I met Ryan. Now, I'm staying here and am not willing to move. That is really bad and the state con would have eventually made me move or quit. So, I'm hoping and praying that I can keep my job here when the new person comes in. Pray for me, please.

I think thats about it. This better post this time!

No comments: