20 September 2004

I’ve been kinda bummed in this whole blogging thing. I think it’s a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Everyone can read the details of my exciting and not-so-exciting adventures. But I don’t feel like that is happening. I would think that after a few weeks of not posting you would start letting me know that you want an update. Only one person has done that. Maybe my rural life isn’t all that entertaining. Maybe you don’t ever read what I have to share. Or maybe you’re too busy or too lazy to make comments. Most of you who know me also know that I don’t like to be the one to make all the effort. After a making several attempts at contacting someone or inviting them over or whatever the case may be, I quit when I feel like it’s a one sided effort. There are a few (my folks, Weenie, the Az B’s) that I keep in touch with regularly enough that they usually know what’s going on in my life. Are we all SO busy that we can’t contact each other or even keep up by internet?

What I’ve been up to… lots of course but we’ll see what I can recall to write down. Work has been super duper busy. Ryan’s been off doing the guy thing each weekend lately which has been really good for us. He gets some guy time and I piddle around here and there. One Friday night when Ryan was gone, I went to mom's for a movie. Kinda erie so DJ (my dalmation) and I ended up crashing at her house. Saturday I refereed soccer for 3 hours and even got a slight bit of a tan. So good to see some tan lines since I have only been out a few times this "summer". Had a couple friends over that afternoon and watched the Iowa v. ISU football game. That was fun, we ate lots of food and yelled plenty. Then Sunday after church we went fishing. Not exactly my idea of fishing but I had a good time. Richie and his 2 daughters joined us. Good thing b/c Ryan was out running calls and only fished for about 10 minutes max. It was a hoot helping the girls put a worm on their hook and take fish off for them. Sunday night the folks came over for supper, Monday Ryan stacked wood and I cleaned. Tuesday we had the Osmundson clan over. One of their sons is the guy who trained my wild horse. It was fun - they have 4 kids and I played some with the youngest who wouldn't even talk to me when I first moved here. Tuesday night she wouldn't leave me alone. My folks came over that night too b/c I know that Mom really likes Becky (the wife/mom). Wednesday we taught the JHi youth like usual and then last night we had over some other friends. We ate a sweet meal (that I made) of pork tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes and salad. After dinner the guys when outside and smoked a cigar and drank a beer while Leanne and I chatted in the house. She was so cute - their older son is Ryan's age and they forget that we're the age of their kids.

Its been a busy week but I've loved all the entertaining. Friday morning Ryan headed to Des Moines for Promise Keepers. A must do for all men. I was looking forward to some time alone to pick up some old sewing habits. Friday afternoon though I decided that it would be a great opportunity to meet with some of the HS girls from church that I’m hoping to be a positive influence on. Erin and I went to the Freshman football game to watch her brother Matt (who was our favorite JV kid last year). After the game we picked up pizza and watched a chick flick at my house. Erin utilized our guest bedroom for some shut eye. Saturday morning mom didn’t feel good so we didn’t go to the craft show. I was going to pot some plants and play outside in the sun when the phone rang. Some friends needed help with their kettle corn booth so I spent my day there instead. Came home with some cute décor things. Potted the plants and then headed to Sabor Latino for supper with the folks. After that we watched one of Ralph’s new movies. My honey came home, the folks left a little bit later and we visited for a while. Sunday was a good service. After church, I played around the house, took a short nap and starting mowing in the pasture. Good times. That’s about it. I gotta get home now so that I can plant some iris’ and some day lilies that were given to me.

No comments: