03 September 2004

another week is gone
Do the math and it comes to 168 hours. If you sleep 8 hours a night, it still leaves 112 hours. If you work full time, it still leaves you 72 hours. So, what did you do with your time? Was it worth it? I value my time and often complain that there’s not enough hours in the day but is that really true? What did I do with my time?

Friday – stayed home “sick”. Piddled around the house cleaning and stuff. Picked up a few groceries. Jesse came over for dinner and hung out with us. He and Ryan played video games.
Saturday – canned tomatoes in the morning with my mom. Went to lunch with Ryan and the folks and then went home and piddled around the house with decorations and some cleaning.
Sunday – went to church in the AM. Went home and read for a while and napped till about 4pm. Then got up, made some cornbread cake and went to a church potluck in the evening.
Monday through Friday – worked full days
Monday PM – Began cleaning the basement.
Tuesday – Finished cleaning the basement. Watched the gold medal game for Women’s soccer (Ryan taped it for me cause he’s sweet like that and knows I like soccer)
Wednesday – First night back at teaching AWANA junior high youth group. Went to a planning meeting for the junior high retreat.
Thursday – Ran to have some work done for a Christmas present. Visited with some friends I hadn’t seen since I got married. Multi-tasked driving to another friends house (I was super late) and chatting with Baker on the phone. Had dinner and watched a movie with the Zurbriggen’s.

Now, we’re back to today. A whole week has gone by. Did I use my time wisely? Perhaps. It was good fellowship time that’s for sure. But it was difficult and a failing attempt to find some quiet time. Did I “serve” God as He would desire of me? Hmm, hard question to answer. What about you. Have you given it all to God, walked with Him, talked and listened too? Let me challenge you to do so – experience God. We all need a little encouragement to do so.


No comments: