21 May 2004

TGIF!
Friday has come. I've been waiting all week for this day. It's just been too much drama lately. Our mower decided not to start anymore so I borrowed mom's. Let me just say that 2 evenings of mowing and I'm still not finished. My body aches to prove how much work it is to use a regular mower instead of a rider mower.
My desk at work has just been piling up. The first 2 days of the week were kinda slow. But the last two days have been non-stop. For every one thing I get accomplished, 2 or 3 things get added to my desk. This morning I had to pick my formal trainings for the next year. Without any national courses, I came up with 16 training days. That's 3 weeks of work that I'll miss. That doesn't include regular training that the state puts on during the year up in my area. I'm learning to be a District Conservationist and PRAY that I don't get asked to move away if that's God's will for me.
Monday is DJ's birthday. Haven't purchased him a formal gift yet. Got any ideas. I do have several things for him though. I emailed him yesterday with the following message: Happy Birthday (a few days early bub). I have a gift for you, you just have to come get her. Young female. Great looking. Name is Promise. Come get her ASAP :) His other present I'll just have to send him a picture of. It's ditch weed. Yeah, years ago Iowa road ditches grew ditch weed to make rope in support of the war. Its quite a sight if you've not ever seen it growing massively before. I remember the first time I saw it when I was in Ames. Anyway, its growing out in our pasture and I haven't the chance yet to cut it down. Thought I'd take a picture of it for DJ to see, not for him to harvest for anyone!
That's about the excitement here. It's been storming here all day. A tornado just hit the ground aobut 90-100 miles west of here. That's exciting when you're not able to get into a basement and there could be a tornado rolling your direction. I love danger but not that much. The thunder, lightning and rain on the roof should make for a good night to cuddle on the couch and do nothing. I'm off...

No comments: