13 May 2004

1. What time is it? 7:40am

2. Nicknames: Tammy and Tam and Tammy Sue cover how most refer to me.

3. Birth Parents' names? Daniel Leon and Constance Sue

4. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake? 24

5. Favorite animal: I don’t know that I have a favorite but I do like seeing baby calves. They’re so cute!

6. Tattoo? NO, you can’t erase them.

7. How much do you love your job or jobs? My 8-5 job is interesting. I work for the government. It’s great serving other people and I do that daily. What an opportunity to be a light in a dark world! My other full time job is more of a priority than working for NRCS. Being a wife is such a joy, I love it. Not always easy but definitely worth every second.

8. Birthplace? Fresno CA

9. Favorite vacation spot you have been to? I love camping and its so difficult to pick a favorite. One great time was camping with some friends and we took the horses along. Had a great time sitting around the camp fire and riding horses through the timber. A fun story from that trip is when Eddie (one of the “adults”) threatened to get back at me for pushing him over in the dirt. As soon as Eddie made his threat, Brian (a Cowboy buddy my age) spoke up and let me know that he would have Eddie roped before he could get to my tent. What fun! I have lots of fun stories and good memories to share about my travels.

10. Ever been to Africa? Ryan and I hope to go there sometime this next year. We’ll see where God leads us.

11. Stolen any traffic signs? Seems like I have a memory of picking one up out of the side of the road on Sierra Street in Kingsburg. Nicole Baker and I had been out rollerblading and saw it. So we planned to wait till dark and then go back and get it. A little daring since it was in a well lit and very busy road right off the freeway. I can’t remember if we ever got it or not. I know that I don’t have the sign if we did.

12. Ever been in a car accident? PTL, not as many as my friend Kristin Machado. But of course, I have to share the story with you all. I was on my way to this formal dinner party for work. All dressed up in my evening gown and headed down the road in Clovis. I was at a stoplight turning left. The guy behind me just didn’t stop in time and bumped my car. Of course he didn’t have insurance. But he barely hit me and did no damage so it wasn’t a big deal. Another time, leaving a funeral, I was backing out of a parking spot and trying to help my grandma put on her seatbelt. I backed into a big light pole and scuffed my bumper. Does that count for an accident?

13. Croutons or Bacon bits? Neither, I like olives 

14. 2-door or 4-door car? 4 door cheap Cavalier. It gets me from point A to B and it gets decent gas mileage, which is a good thing when gas is way up right now.

14b. (I thought I’d add a question) What does gas cost right now? Well, I live in the rural Midwest and its generally less than most places. $1.93 yesterday (5/12/04).

15. Coffee? Cofee is bad in my book. It stains your teeth, stunts your growth and goes right through my system. No thanks. Once in a while, Ryan and I will have a Starbucks Caramel Frap when we’re in Cedar Rapids.

16. Salad Dressing? A mixture of Zest Italian and Ranch. I think it’s the same as creamy Italian but I like to mix the two on my salads. I also like Ranch on my pizza and like to mix ranch and BBQ for fries and ranch and salsa on chips. Umm, good.

17. Favorite dessert? Fresh fruit. Definitely not chocolate!

18. Favorite Number? 4

19. Favorite movie? I LOVED Ace Ventura from junior high and most of high school. These days I think its stupid and really like the Band of Brothers series. I also really like girly movies though.

20. Favorite color? Red and blue – go bulldogs!

21. Favorite Holiday? I’d have to say Christmas. I love seeing others open gifts. And, it was when Ryan proposed to me.

22. Favorite Foods? Mexican food and yay, I can go to a great place just 12 miles from my house (which is rare and unheard of around here).

23. Favorite days of the week? Thursday means that I made it through Wed night with JV kids. And Fridays are always a plus. Pretty much any day that I don’t have to work is good.

24. Favorite TV Show(s)? JAG, Navy NCIS and CSI. All acronyms, they must be government related :)

25. Most recently read book/magazine? Handy Man magazine is great even for us ladies. I’m also reading a good book called Power of a Praying Wife

26. Perfume/Cologne? Oh yeah. For every day use, I have several items from Victoria’s Secret. Sundays or something special, I use Obsession.

28. When was your last hospital stay? Oh, last July when my horse about killed me. That’s another fun story that I’ll save for another time.

29. How many times did you fail your driver's test? I barely passed the first time.

30. Where do you see yourself in 10 Years? I’m not sure where God will lead us in the next 10 years. I would like to have visited several countries doing short term mission work. I would assume we’ll have 1 or 2 kids for grammy and papa to spoil. I’m counting on God for my future.

31. What do you do when you are bored? I haven’t been bored for quite a long time! I probably just stuff my face when I’m bored.

32. Furthermost place you sent this message? It’s the WORLD WIDE web.

33. Who will respond the fastest? Cori

34. Least likely to respond? Everyone, you all are slackers and never make comments on my web page!

35. Last Vacation? If you don’t count my trip to Cali to visit friends and family, I last went to South Dakota and saw Mt. Rushmore.

36. Next Vacation? Our 1 year anniversary. We’ve talked about several options. We want to go camping. We also have plans to use our free night stay at the Marriott, see a play and eat a fancy meal.

37. Last concert? Jennifer Knapp and a bunch of others in Visalia right after I graduated college.

38. First thing you would buy with a million dollars? Pay off the house, build a garage and purchase the ground around us that is up for sale.

39. What time is it now? 1253 but I haven’t been at my desk most of the time

No comments: