15 June 2006

[bottle feeding]
I don’t like bottle feeding my kid. I’ve been working on weaning him the last few weeks because I have plenty of home brewed milk in the freezer. Breast feeding is so convenient – the milk is prepared, is warm and doesn’t have to be carried around. On the other hand, when my kiddo wakes up during the night and is hungry (this has happened several times this week), I have to get up, thaw milk, fix a bottle and warm it up. Not so much fun. Even when its not the middle of the night, I don’t like having to do the bottle thing.

[11 months]
Small fry turned 11 months old this week. Time flies when you’re having fun. It won’t be long before his birthday comes. I’m currently working on a scrap book for his first birthday. And finishing up his Christmas present (yeah, I’m a little late on that). So far, I’ve thought about planning his birthday party… so many decisions to make.

[small fry]
He no longer likes to play “so big” and rarely does the itsy-bitsy spider. He’s too busy roaming around and checking things out. This week he’s really working on saying the dogs name and pats his hand on his leg to call him. He also tries to say K’s name. She was over on Saturday and played with him before Living Stone. When I would take him back from her and sit him in my lap, he’d reach for her. That little turkey! He’s eating everything in sight this week. Chicken fajitas, spaghetti, veggies, snacks and whatever else he can get someone to feed him.

[rick]
On a sad note, we lost Rick on Saturday. He battled stage 4 cancer for two months before it took him. I’ve been working with Rick on a stream bank project at work and have seen him every day in the last few weeks. Thursday when I saw him, he didn’t have any energy to get out of the truck to take a few pictures. Friday at 3am he went to the hospital and Saturday they brought him home to die. The cool thing for us is that everyone involved with his stream bank project bent over backwards to get it done before he died and it happened. It was pretty well done on Thursday and completely done on Friday. Rick left behind a wife and 3 or 4 children.

[awesome]
Sure, the beginning of the week brought some tough news – losing a friend. But, my week has been so good. Sure, my allergies are driving me crazy, my body aches from fibromyalgia and I’m tired but honestly, I’m so blessed. I’ve had some time this week to sit with my husband without distractions. I’ve been able to talk to several friends who live many miles away. My kiddo has been such a blast. And probably one of the best things has been my attitude towards my husband – realizing that he does the things he does for me, to show me that he loves me. And that’s so cool when I actually look at things from his perspective. I do have a wonderful husband (even if he doesn’t put pants on our kid before he puts him to bed).

5 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Sorry to hear about Rick - glad you completed the project - he sounds like the type that wanted to see it done.

Can't believe you little one will be a year - it's gone by so fast!

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

Glad things are going great with hubby!

I'm so sorry to hear about Rick. Hopefully he's in a better place. Were you able to share much with him?

Can you believe Rick Tafoya's news? What a cute little one!

Can't believe it's just 6 weeks and we're in FL!

MIss you!

Ashley said...

wow - almost a year. where does the time go!!??!!

Kristin said...

Tammy - it was SO great to catch up with you last week...I can always count on honest, genuine coversation from you....thank you! I love the fact that you are so frank in your posts - it's great to hear that husbands can sometimes be a pain....like putting Scott to bed without pants on! Granted, I go to bed without pants on sometimes (sh!!!) but an 11 month old? I sure wish I could be there to help celebrat his 1st birthday....I'm sure it will be a blast and that you will post pictures!!! Love you!

Jennifer said...

Has it really been eleven months??? Oh my!